The decision to decide between the screen repair and purchasing a new phone is a big decision and should be decided after proper deliberation. It is no news that using a broken device is a hassle and most of us have been in such a situation over the years. Thus, deciding whether to buy a new smartphone or invest in a screen repair service needs proper understanding of the situation.
Asking around for help from smartphone experts can lead to different and conflicting answers, which only makes the matters worse. We, at Singapura Mobile Repair Shop, understand that figuring out the best way to handle a broken device can leave you perplexed. Thus, here are a couple of key points to help make this process easier for you.
Buying vs Repair: The Common Dilemma
The decision of whether to buy a new smartphone or repair/fix a broken screen is up to you. Unfortunately, there is no clear-cut answer. In most cases, it makes more sense to repair your current smartphone so you can enjoy it for longer.
Keep in mind the cost and time of repair services, along with the current value of your broken smartphone. Such information can help you make the right decision for your situation. In most cases, smartphone screen repair makes for a great choice, and we suggest it to everyone debating this decision.
6 Reasons Why Choose Repair Over Buying a New Phone
Here are a few reasons as to why you should repair your phone instead of purchasing a new one.
- Saves money: Buying a new phone can burn a hole in your pocket. While you might not have the latest features, the old phone still has its uses. No matter who your manufacturer is, buying a new phone is much more expensive than repairing your phone. If you have a broken screen or damage, it is probably best to just repair the phone. You don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on a new phone.
- Saves time: Whether you are looking for iPad Pro 11 screen replacement, Note 9 screen replacement, or any other model, repairing a phone takes much less time than deciding and buying a new phone. All you need to do is deposit the device for repair and get it back in a fully functional state. Fixing your phone on the spot using an express service.
- Make use of the warranty: Most companies sell their phones together with a warranty. If you have a phone with a valid warranty, repair it FOC. However, you must remember that warranties do not cover the damage caused by what companies call “abuse or neglect”. As mentioned before, repairing your old phone is usually a lot cheaper than buying a new one.
- Get maximum value: Take care of your expenditure. As an analogy, you assume that your newly bought car will serve you for a long time. But if it breaks, you repair it because you want to get the maximum value out of it. To get maximum value out of your phone, repair it when broken.
- Data preservation: Your smartphone has all the data and we might not have a backup. Although you can retrieve data, you can do so only with backup. If you don’t have the backup, then losing your gadget means losing your data. Even if you have a backup, you will need to spend time transferring the data. You will need to get help if you aren’t sure how to go about it. But is the transfer worth the time? Time is scarce and the choice is yours.
- Don’t have to learn new technology: If you decide to replace your damaged handset with a new one, you are most likely to buy a new device. Technology is so dynamic that new phones with advanced features are coming up every day. The phone might have features you have never used before which might take a while to get handy. Repairing does not come with any new features or functions. You can continue using your phone as you have always done.
Where To Fix My Smart Device?
If you are looking for mobile phone repairs in Singapore, Singapura Mobile Repair Shop is your one-stop solution. Our experts and technicians can repair your device without any hassle. Established in AMK and Marine Parade, we offer superior quality mobile repairs such as screen replacement, software repair, screen repair, and water damaged devices.
Whether it is iPhone 7 plus screen repair, iPad pro 11 screen replacement, iPhone XS back glass replacement, Samsung S20 Ultra or Note 9 screen replacement, we are always here to help you.
When Should I Replace My Phone?
Often, choosing to replace your smartphone with a new device can prove to be an expensive option. However, keeping this in mind, there are a few situations where replacing your device may seem like the right choice.
If your smartphone is a couple of generations old, it may be worth less than what it would take to fix the screen. In such a case, you may want to consider selling it in its current condition and purchase a new, latest device. Similarly, if you need a fully functioning phone immediately, purchasing an updated smartphone is a fast option. However, if none of the above scenarios fall in your situation, then choosing to replace a broken smartphone screen is likely the right move.
Making a decision to repair or replace your device is not easy. But at the end of the day, the final call of whether to buy a new phone or fix an existing one is up to you. There is no one answer, but in most cases, it is better to repair the current smartphone so that you can enjoy it for longer. Repairing your device is more efficient and cost-saving.
Have any queries? Get in touch with us for more information on iPad and mobile phone repairs!